Usefulness of the Calypso (was Re: seL4 is open source now)

Michael Spacefalcon msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Aug 6 01:59:16 UTC 2014

www.ebay.com

> And I'm talking about marked relevant prices.
> Don't waste my time with numbers like 5000$.

Several OsmocomBB-supported models are currently available on ebay for
dirt cheap.

> And to be relevant these phones must still be produced so
> I can get many, if I want.

How many?  My company will be happy to produce 5000 Calypso-based
phones for you if you make a non-cancelable purchase order and prepay
the cost of parts and production.  (5000 is the number of Calypso&co
chipsets I can buy immediately from my established supplier *without
doing any extensive searching*; one can probably get more with some
effort.)

> Beside, I think its better to work on reverse engineered
> GSM stacks like the Qualcom project as started in

It's easy to tell other people what they should work on.  While you
are busy doing that, I'll just keep working on my own solution which
will actually result in a usable phone less than a year from now.

VLR,
SF