Rude behavior on the lists (was Re: Documentation for L1Ctl)

Bhaskar11 niceguy108 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 16:32:12 UTC 2013

Dear Harald and others,

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 04:38:22PM +0530, Bhaskar11 wrote:
> > Sylvain? Anyone?
>
> your behaviour on this list is absolutely rude.  Who do you think you
> are?  What gives you the right to demand that anyone on this list
> responds to you?  Have you bought some commercial support or are you a
> paying customer of any of us here?

I sincerely apologise. It was not my intention to sound rude. I will be
more careful hearafter in how I word things.

> There are dozens of people who have been able to use, configure or even
> modify OsmocomBB based on the source code, the comments therein and the
> information provided in the wiki.

And so have I, and I am grateful for all the work that has been done which
I think is absolutely marvellous!

> OsmocomBB is a collaborative, community oriented project.  If you are
> missing some documentation, feel free to read + understand the source
> code and then create the documentation you are missing.  We are looking
> forward to your contribution and are very happy to host it on our wiki
> or other project servers (git repository, ...).
>
> If you have studied one specific function / primitive for many hours and
> still cannot understand what the particular task is, feel free to
> contact this mailing list.

In fact I have gone through source code and TS in detail, and experimented
for some months. This is the part that was most tricky and where I could
not find any documentation. Hence my request.

As you will see, I have also at times tried to help out others on this list
who are struggling like me. I hope to do more in time.

For the moment I am trying to port OsmocomBB to Windows with some initial
success, but am presently stuck on this part. I hope to share the code as
soon as I can bring it to some level of stability.

> But expecting that anyone will take you by
> your hand and do your work for you is simply absurd.
> Also: Everyone here is doing OsmocomBB in their spare time.  Expecting a
> response in 24 hours or less is simply absurd.  Please don't ever be
> surprised if your requests to FOSS projecst get ignored, or if  you get
> banned from mailing lists.

My apologies again!

Sincerely