GSM frequency band for Europe

Luca Melette luca at srlabs.de
Sat Dec 28 13:15:02 UTC 2013

Hi Neetesh,

> Can anyone please tell me what is the GSM frequency band for Europe
> (Germany)?

GSM 900 and DCS 1800.

> Do I need to enable such band before working on OsmocomBB ?

In the mobile configuration (mobile.cfg) you should see
these lines "p-gsm", "e-gsm", "dcs", in the support section
without the "no" in front of them.

> I have uploaded the mobile layer1 onto phone but I am still not able
> to read the SIM. The message I got is ms 1 is down and radio is not
> started.

This seems to be the real problem. Your SIM is not responding
to the firmware and the mobile cannot connect to any network.
You can try to apply the patch created by Lukas. It was attached
to the post "patches for SIM in the firmware" in list.

Cheers,

LM