Sagem OT-290 trace phone / GSMTAP integration

Tyson Key tyson.key at gmail.com
Mon May 7 12:20:31 UTC 2012

Hi list,

It's my first time posting here, and I've just subscribed - so apologies
for totally wrecking archive threading.

I've just received a copy of the e-mail regarding the OT-290, thanks to
Andrew Back; and I'm wondering it's possible to discuss the feasibility of
implementing this functionality with Harald - since it doesn't seem to have
generated much interest from others, and I'm "fortunate" enough to live in
a small British town without EDGE coverage (which should make it easier to
test GPRS-related tracing functionality).

Although I'm unfamiliar with how things work in Osmocom, I've previously
worked on Wireshark dissectors for USB-encapsulated AT commands, and
various NFC/smartcard-related protocols (PN532, FeliCa and MiFare); and am
also familiar with Nokia's proprietary ISI baseband protocol, and parts of
ETSI's GSM/UMTS specifications - so this sort of stuff isn't totally alien
to me.

I'm also currently studying Computer Science as an undergraduate (at the
University of Bradford) - but I should be able to make time to work on this.

Thanks,

Tyson.

--
                                          Fight Internet Censorship!