Bug in switching baud rates in burst_ind branch?

Bhaskar11 niceguy108 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 06:16:04 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

I am using a CP210x from Sysmocon. I understand that this has a
pre-programmed EEPROM and so does not require a driver. Yet, when I run
ccch_scan in burst_ind branch on Debian Linux, it fails both speeds.

The Tutorial does not mention need for installing a SiLabs driver, and all
attempts to install the Linux version of their driver fails. Can you
confirm if the driver is required?

But the same code in Windows works just fine as Windows permits selection
of any arbitrary speed. Of course I needed to install the SiLabs USB to
UART bridge driver for Windows to recognise the device in the first place.

B.