restart layer1 from remote?

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:48:24 UTC 2012

> Is there a way to somehow "reboot" or restart the layer1 by software? And if
> not, could that easily be implemented?

Yes there is the L1CTL_RESET but I think shutdown/no shutdown already
sends that command (check the osmocon output) meaning the L1 is no
longer responding at all ...

Does the osmocon console does anything at all when it's in that state
? Does that phone have anything special ? (connected to a different
network or doing different things ?).

Some people wire-up one of the serial port control line to the enable
line of a power supply they use to power the phone so they can do full
power off/on, but it requires external hw.

Cheers,

    Sylvain