Encrypted GSM phone

Marek Stopka mstopka at opensuse.org
Mon Apr 9 21:18:39 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have been just wondering... would it be possible to use your project
as a base for DIY encrypted cellphone? My idea is that if I could get
hold to output data after voice is encoded by GSM EFR codec, I might
just easily encrypt this digital stream using AES128 and build trully
encrypted cellphone.

Where does actual "analog voice from microphone to digital data"
conversion happends? In a layer1 that runs in a chip, or layer23 that
runs on a PC? If it would be in layer23, encrypting a data stream with
AES 128 whould be doable, am I missing something?

Thanks Marek
--
S pozdravem / Best regards
Marek Stopka