simtrace: New mailing list / progress
laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri May 6 11:11:10 CEST 2011
Since Kevin and I are trying to re-vitalize the simtrace project, I have
decided to create a new simtrace at lists.osmocom.org mailing list
dedicated to this project.
Yesterday at a meeting we have discussed
* to use a digitally-controlled analog switch to select sniffing /
emulation mode (i.e. to do a software-controlled 'cut' the electrical
connection between the SIM card and the phone)
* to add a header next to the USB socket so we can attach a battery pack
for autonomous operation
* to add a SPI NOR flash (for storage of data in autonomous operation)
* to not care about 1.8V-only SIM cards and make it a 3.3V-only device
We expect to do a bit more schematics review and component placement +
routing as well as a prototype PCB in the next couple of weeks.
Kevin is in charge of the hardware prototype, while I will look at the
firmware side as well as provide funding for the PCB manufacturing and
- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
"Privacy in residential applications is a desirable marketing option."
(ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)
More information about the baseband-devel