how to decompile a linux kernel zImage

Marius Cirsta mforce2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:44:38 UTC 2011

 From what I know the manufacturer is a no-name Chinese one just like
in the case of so many Wondermedia tablets. They don't really care
about the GPL so unless Mediatek releases the kernel there's not much
chance in getting it. If Wondermedia wouldn't have been nice and
hadn't released the WM8505 kernel we could have still waited for Eken
or some others to release do so. Btw thanks for that Harald.

 I agree that Mediatek doesn't have to but it would be nice of them,
maybe someone could ask nicely.

Other then that the best way to look in a binary that I know of is
with IDA Pro ... That and the datasheets should help.