Emergency number

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Feb 7 09:22:52 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 10:30:50PM -0800, Bogdan Alecu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What number is it dialed when I place the emergency call? Maybe you could
> also point me to where I find that number as I want to modify it. Thanks.

OpenBSC configures the SI to state 'emergency calls not supported'.  We don't
have support for routing emergency calls internally, but if you use lcr, lcr
can route them to any telephone number.

DO NOT EXPERIMENT WITH EMERGENCY CALLS UNLESS YOU ARE IN A SHIELDED FARDAY CAGE.

The risk of accidentially inhibiting a real emergency call is significant,
and we're talking about something that can make the difference between life
and death.  I'm serious.