Fresh people's build problem

chenyu xu xalexu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 14:03:41 UTC 2010

Hello guys:

        In order to participate in OSMOCOM-BB project, I have buy the old
moto C118 and made the T191 cable by myself.
But when I run "make" in ****/src/osmocom-bb/src directory, the error info
is below:

alexander at Foundation:~/src/osmocom-bb/src$ make
cd shared/libosmocore/build-target && ../configure \
            --host=arm-elf-linux --disable-vty --enable-panic-infloop \
            --disable-shared --disable-talloc --disable-tests \
        CC="arm-elf-gcc" CFLAGS="-Os -ffunction-sections
-I../../../../target/firmware/include"
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking for arm-elf-linux-strip... no
checking for strip... strip
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for arm-elf-linux-gcc... arm-elf-gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in
`/home/alexander/src/osmocom-bb/src/shared/libosmocore/build-target':
See `config.log' for more details.
make: *** [shared/libosmocore/build-target/Makefile] Error 77

After my investigating on this issue,   I think I must build my own
arm-elf-linux-gcc,  am I right?

I want to know how the experienced person handle this scenario? Please
answer my questions!

Thanks!

alexander Xu