simtrac hw

ml at mail.tsaitgaist.info ml at mail.tsaitgaist.info
Mon Nov 22 11:23:37 UTC 2010

> simply send a configuration message via USB from the simtrace program.

How about having the reader on port 0 and the sc on port 1
Then the 3 modes would be software controlled
The sniffer part could be done by the MiM by just forwarding the messages.
The freq could be regenerated, or forwarded using a software switch.
It would not be a real sniffer, but simpler to design and implement.
reset, clockstop, freq. changing, and proactive SIM could also be done
by the chip. is there another SC feature that could be problematic ?
apart using contact 4/8 which we ignore, and 20MHz freq. which I've
never seen yet.

Kevin