Linux + u-boot port to MT6235

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Nov 9 07:24:58 UTC 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks a lot for your support, including the teardown, PCB layer photographs,
schematics, etc.

I think this really is getting into shape now and we have a much better base
from where to work on actual software for MT6235 based phones.

My biggest concerns at the moment are that all of the peripheral data sheets
are electrical data sheets only and MTK never documents the register set of
e.g. the MT6140 (RF transceiver), MT6601 (bluetooth), MT6188 (fm radio),
wifi, etc.

This means a lot of unneccessary reverse engineering unless we can find an
alternative source for this kind of information.  I'm less worried about
bluetooth or FM radio.  The GSM RF transceiver is probably possible to reverse
engineer from the test mode + 3wire protocol sniffing, but wifi e.g. is
defnitely too complex to do a 100% reverse engineered driver for...

> But I don't even have links to the 6235 or 6140 datasheets right now...

The links I know only go to 52RD BBS and similar sites, where you cannot
download without an account.  I have an account, but we don't want to put them
in the wiki publicly ;)