Osmocom SIMtrace

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Dec 13 07:06:22 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:52:19PM +0000, Simon Barnett wrote:
> Thanks for this, its much appreciated - it builds now.
>
> I've got an AT91SAM7S64 board with an Olimex ARM-USB-OCD JTAG
> debugger, however, I'm having trouble figuring out how to flash the
> board with your firmware.  I've done quite a bit of research looking
> into how to flash the device, but haven't found anything yet that I
> can get to work.
>
> How do you suggest that I flash the firmware?

http://www.openpcd.org/Firmware#Flashing_a_complete_flash_image_.28using_SAM-BA.29

i.e.  you first 'cat dfu.bin main_simtrace.bin > main_simtrace.samba' and then
follow the SAM-BA flashing sequence for flashing the first time (bootloader +
simtrace firmware).  All this happens over USB, no need for a debugger.